Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Session Four - Question 3 and 4

I hope this email finds yall having a great weekend! I am very sorry that I didn't get this out yesterday but it was a crazy busy day that I ended with a long run in the cold (and not dressed appropriately). After I got cleaned up I crawled into bed and fell sound asleep. It was just too cozy to pass up. I am so thankful today was such a beautiful day - we were outside a lot and I stocked up on vitamin D as the weathermen say there is another "Arctic Blast" coming. I think I'm addicted to Erin's "Wassail" as that was my first thought when I heard cold weather on Wednesday. So enough of the small talk lets talk BIBLE!

Today we look at questions 3 and 4. Let's take a look at the scripture.

Question 3
Read Hebrews 4:14-16. List the ways the visions in Eze 1 and Rev 4 might deepen your appreciation of the invitation to approach the Throne of God with confidence.

Hebrews 4:14-16
14 Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has ascended into heaven,[a] Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. 15 For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet he did not sin. 16 Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

Some of the vision to me is a little scary - four odd looking creatures, lots of eyes, deafen sounds- but to hear the phrase of scripture Heb 4:16 "Approach God's throne of grace with confidence, so that we may recieve mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need." That scripture to me is so reassuring of the LORD's mercy and grace. It truely deepens my desire and overall appreciation of HIS throne and my ability to someday approach it as his child. What do you think?

Question 4
In this season of your life, what is the most prominent petition you either desire to bring or continue to bring to the Throne of God?

Wow - what a great question. I desire to bring before God a child who obeyed her Father and who used her God given talents and gifts to further his kingdom. I will hope to continue to bring a heart of ministry to him, through listening to Him guide my work in the women's ministry field. What about you?

I hope this is helping!

I hope yall had a great day! We enjoyed the wonderful outdoors, ate a yummy dinner, enjoyed special Superbowl "Texas Sheet Cake" and watched an amazing football game. I am a true football fan, I mean I love the game. So even though I wasn't "invested" in either team emotionally I thought it was an awesome game. Gotta love that it came down to the last play! Ooops- sorry I got off track.

No comments:

Post a Comment