Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Revelation Study - Daily Prayer and Session 5 Final Question

Well Good Afternoon My Sweet Friends!



Thank you so much for keeping my MOM In your prayers. She is recovering well and praise the Lord her heart looks good. We still need to figure our what caused the episode on Monday but its a praise that her heart is not the problem. Continued prayer for her health and spiritual walk are welcomed.



Last night after I found out what had happened to my mom, I was so overcome with your love and support. Thank you all for loving me and my family. Its time like that when you need your sisters in Christ to lift you up. After I put the kids to bed, talked to my man, talked with my Mom (this was the first time since I found out we had spoken), it was 8:30pm. Way later than I had planned but I decided to go for a run to clear my head and pray. So I put on my earbuds and I had just uploaded a new playlist. I got a few miles into my run and realized I had forgotten my light (and I was wearing NO WHITE at all). The street that I was getting ready to run on is normally very dark, with intermitent lights. Just as I turned down that dark street, the song "Jesus paid it all" came on my iPod. I noticed the street was glowing and as I looked up there was a full moon directly over my head. With the street illuminated I felt God tell me it was going to be ok. All of it was going to be ok... especially my Mom. I TOTALLY LOST IT. So for a good visual imagine this.... I am running at 9pm, crying my eyes out with my hands in the air. For all I know I was singing out loud too! But for me, this is my quiet time, my time with the Lord, my time to talk to him (like I talk to you), my time to be STILL IN HIM. Praise the Lord is good.
__________________________________________________________________________

Daily Prayer:

LORD - Today I come before you in AWE of YOU! You are everywhere and still I feel that I am only one consuming your ears today! You are our Counselor, Father, Healer, Teacher, our everything. I praise you for holding my Mom in your hand this morning and pray that you speak to her. I pray that you use this time of recovery for her as reflection on what she can change in her life. Lord, you are amazing and wonderful but you are ultimately Loving. I love you so much and praise you for the wonderful women in my life! Thank you for choosing me to be blessed by them - I am truely honored! Please allow each us time alone with you today, so we can focus on you and your fresh revelation for us. In your blessed name we pray - AMEN
_________________________________________________________________________

Question 7

Let your eyes fix on the phrase "they did not stop" in verse 20. Do you ever get the feeling that God is saying "Stop it" to you? I certainly do. Sometimes God goes from whispered warnings deep in our spirits to shouts through crisis and chaos all around us. Keep in mind that God never commands us to stop doing anything that is edifying to us and best for us. Even as believers in Christ with a secure future in Heaven, we can experiance painful chastiments on earth. When God gives us a serious warning and a chance to repent, let it not be said of you and me, "they did not stop". Complete this weeks assignments by reading Hebrews 12:25-28 and writing your response below:



Hebrews 12:25-29 (NLT)

25 Be careful that you do not refuse to listen to the One who is speaking. For if the people of Israel did not escape when they refused to listen to Moses, the earthly messenger, we will certainly not escape if we reject the One who speaks to us from heaven! 26 When God spoke from Mount Sinai his voice shook the earth, but now he makes another promise: “Once again I will shake not only the earth but the heavens also.”[a] 27 This means that all of creation will be shaken and removed, so that only unshakable things will remain.

28 Since we are receiving a Kingdom that is unshakable, let us be thankful and please God by worshiping him with holy fear and awe. 29 For our God is a devouring fire.



My Thoughts:

The title before this passage states "The Final Warning". The verse that I love and that can always be challenging to obey for me is the first scripture, "Be careful that you do not refuse to listen to the ONE who is speaking. (Heb 12;15)" How often do I not listen to what God is telling me do, how often I hear Him speak and mumble "Later please, I'm just not ready". The ONE speaking here is God, and how could I ignore or even challenge what he speaks to me from Heaven. Praise him that he continues to warn, but when will enough be enough? Shouldn't I also fear the Lord and seek to obey him in everyway I know. And then Verse 28 states, "Since we are recieving a Kingdom that is unshakable, let us be thankful and please God by worshipping him with holy fear and awe". Talk about two amazing bookends on this passage! Listen to God, then Thank him with Worship. What are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment