Sunday, February 20, 2011

Revelation Study - Daily Prayer and Session Six Questions 2 and 3

Daily Prayer

Lord - Thank you for today! Thank you for placing each and every one of us here in this place to honor you! We are beyond grateful for you and praise you for the blessings you have bestowed to us! We look to YOU and your Word for a fresh revelation of you! Please revel yourself to us....we yearn to hear you! Praise you Lord! AMEN


Let's put pause on the world right now and get into God's Word!

Question 2
Glance back at the listening guide where we talked about the explanation of the seals. Beth brought several Scriptures up to demonstrate how New Testament believers are also sealed. Let's look at the scriptures below and study their meaning.


Ephesians 1:13-14

13 And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, 14 who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of his glory.

My Study Bible Notes - Just as a seal signifies authentic ownership, the Holy Spirit in believer's life signifies God's ownership (2Cor 1:22)

Ephesians 4:30

30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.

My Study Bible Notes - Believers must not alienate God's Holy Spirit, who identifies the as belonging to God. The presence of the Spirit (the seal of Christ) both confirms and guarentees the future redemption of believers (Rom 8:16-17, 2Cor1:22, 1John 4:19)

2 Corinthians 1:22

22 set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.

My Study Bible Notes - All believers are identified as his own, literally sealed, by the Holy Spirit, who is God's gift to his people. (Rom 8:1-27, Gal 3:2-7, 5:5-6, 16-26, Eph 1:13-14)



Question 3
Reflecting on the Scriptures we recorded in Question 2, read 2Timothy 2:19 and record specific facts it adds to the mix in our discussion of seals.

2 Timothy 2:19

19 Nevertheless, God’s solid foundation stands firm, sealed with this inscription: “The Lord knows those who are his,” and, “Everyone who confesses the name of the Lord must turn away from wickedness.”

My Thoughts - I wonder if we are sealed with the same inscription that God stands on! How awesome! I mean MARK ME! I WANT TO WEAR YOUR SEAL! The Lord knows me because I am HIS, ALL HIS! The least I can do to thank GOD for his son and ultimate sacrifice is turn away from wickedness. I know that I need GOD to do this! I am a sinner and its only through God's grace that I am saved and forgiven!

Now read the next two verses, 2 Timothy 2:20-21 and write the assurance of God in your own words:

2 Timothy 2:20-21

20 In a large house there are articles not only of gold and silver, but also of wood and clay; some are for special purposes and some for common use. 21 Those who cleanse themselves from the latter will be instruments for special purposes, made holy, useful to the Master and prepared to do any good work.

My Thoughts - I am cleaned through forgiveness from God. I want to be cleaned so I can used for God's special purposes. I want to be useful to my Father and Master. I want to be prepared to ANY good work. There I wrote it down, now I am accountable! Praise the LORD!

Love to all!

M

No comments:

Post a Comment