Thursday, February 10, 2011

Session 5 - Question 1 and Daily Prayer

Good evening girls - sorry this is late! I fell asleep at naptime, yikes I'm way behind and needing to run out the door to get to church by 6:30, with a quick stop at Costco.... never enough time!



Here is a verse that I have been praying today -

"Remain in Me, and I in you." John 15:4



I just love that, so simply yet so deep. So awesome to think the Lord of the world is in Me and I am equally in Him. WOW! I just love the Word.



Lord - Today we fall to your feet and beg for you to remain in us. We recognize that we are sinners and that we put earthly 'things' before YOU and today we repent for not making you priorty one. Lord we love you and pray today that you will revel yourself to us. We petition you for this and pray your will to be done! Amen



Session 5 (WOW - if you weren't there, we really missed you BUT the DVD was awesome!)

Question 1



Read Revelation 8:1-5. What intriguing event does Revelation 8:1 record?

The Seventh Seal and the Golden Censer
1 When he opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven for about half an hour.

2 And I saw the seven angels who stand before God, and seven trumpets were given to them.

3 Another angel, who had a golden censer, came and stood at the altar. He was given much incense to offer, with the prayers of all God’s people, on the golden altar in front of the throne. 4 The smoke of the incense, together with the prayers of God’s people, went up before God from the angel’s hand. 5 Then the angel took the censer, filled it with fire from the altar, and hurled it on the earth; and there came peals of thunder, rumblings, flashes of lightning and an earthquake.



My thoughts - In 8:1 we see the seventh and FINAL seal opened. What amazes me is that this HUGE event is followed by silence - for thrity minutes! It shows me how much GOD values the quiet and stillness of the world, and mostly US! Now, I feel really bad about having my quiet time while the kids are throwing food at each other at dinner. But, I repent and promise to put the LORD first. I just know this is a conscience effort that I need to make everyday. I get sprinkles of him all day, and to just sit and listen is what I truely need to be the follower, wife and mom that I am supposed to be.



I love you all and hope this finds you having a glorious day!



Much love!
M

No comments:

Post a Comment