Saturday, February 26, 2011

Revelation Study - GOLD, Daily Prayer and Session 7, Question 2

Hey Girls!

So we have had a lot of conversations over the past day about GOLD in our house. My son's school did a Cowboy Breakfast (weeks ago) and one of the the games they played was a Gold Rush. The teachers had painted rocks to look like gold and then hid them so the kids could hunt and discover them. He loved this event. Yesterday I picked him up from school a little early (because Mogey and Grandpa were headed into town) and he was beaming! His teacher commented that he had had a BIG day! My sweet little boy... what now? He FOUND GOLD ON THE PLAYGROUND! WOW! He talked about it the whole way home. It was snuggly kept in his jeans pocket. He would only let you look at it for a minute before he tucked it back away. Then it was the first thing he showed and talked about with Mogey and Grandpa, the first thing he showed Dad. But somehow, over the next few hours this GOLD was made to have special powers - it made him run super FAST, it made him invincable, it made him a true Cowboy! We chased him in the backyard - trying to steal his precious Gold and super power - only to fail because it was his! I just love his sweet and pure imagination!

I tell you that story because as I read and reflected on my devotional this morning -I wondered if GOD was your GOLD? Do you hold on tight to it? Do you feel like with GOD you have super powers? Do you want to share it with others, but protect it from harm?

"He knows the way I have taken; when He has tested me, I will emerge as pure GOLD."

Job 23:10


Daily Prayer
Lord - today we come to you with awe! We study your word this week and are in amazement of your love for us. We are looking through hard times to come and we know everything you have to speak to us is your truth. We ask that you reveal yourself to us in a new and rfresh way today! We love you! AMEN


Question 2

Something of great significance happens at the end of Revelation 10:4. Numerous scholars believe the "voice from heaven" in this chapter is God's own voice. What was John told to do?

Revelation 10:4

4 And when the seven thunders spoke, I was about to write; but I heard a voice from heaven say, “Seal up what the seven thunders have said and do not write it down.”

This one small detail speaks volumes to anyone willing to listen. God reserves the right not to tell every single detail He has planned. He made John privy to information he did not get to transmit to us. The one seemingly insignificant moment gives us puase and forbids us the luxury of definitive interpretations and expectations regarding end time events. Did the seven thunders speak hope and restoration or wrath and judgment? We won't know until the end, in withholding this one piece of the puzzle, God wisely remived all human propensity to dot every "i" and cross every "t". He forbids us omniscience.
My thoughts
In this verse John is told to seal up what the seven thunders have said and he was given specific instructions not to write down what was said! Ugh - I mean come one.... just a little sneak peak at what the said? I am not at all surprised, I mean the end times are one of the LORD's greatest mysteries. I do wonder what they said, but getting fixated on it won't help, only God knows. If I get there before this all happens, I'll keep in on the short list of questions to ask him!


Love to all!

We are meeting back at Wendy's this week!

See you all Wednesday!


Enjoy the weekend! My in-laws are here so we are really enjoying this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment