Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Revelation Study- Session 7, Question 5

Read Revelation 10:9-11 and record what happened with John in regard to the scroll.

Revelation 10:9-11 (New International Version, ©2011)

9 So I went to the angel and asked him to give me the little scroll. He said to me, “Take it and eat it. It will turn your stomach sour, but ‘in your mouth it will be as sweet as honey.’[a]” 10 I took the little scroll from the angel’s hand and ate it. It tasted as sweet as honey in my mouth, but when I had eaten it, my stomach turned sour. 11 Then I was told, “You must prophesy again about many peoples, nations, languages and kings.”


My Thoughts: He was told to take the scroll and eat it... Hmmm... you can tell he was a faithful follower because he did just as he was commanded... but would you? I think if I was told to eat paper I might pause for a minute, especially if I was warned of the side effects.

NLT Study Bible Notes: As in Ezekiel's experiance, the scroll tasted sweet in the mouth (EZE 3:1-3, Jer 15:16). The experiances yet to come for God's people would be sweet, including the victory of God's plan and the vindication of his people. John's sour stomach resembles the effects of Ezekiel's hard message for Isreal (Eze 3:8-9). The process of bringing God's plan to fruition involves hardship.

No comments:

Post a Comment