Wednesday, July 7, 2010

A question to ponder....

Good Morning -

So last night as I was finishing up my quiet time this question kept creeping into my mind...
Do I treat the LORD (my God) better than my boss?

At www.communitybible.com this weekend Robert asked that question and I've been thinking about it ever since. When I was working in corporate America, I was never late for work, I always gave 110% (even 9months pregnant with my third child), I always made my quota (with the exception of a few bad quarters), and I was always looking for ways to grow and further my career. Can I say the same for me as a Christian.... sadly no.

I am always late for quiet time, it is something that I am trying to get better doing consistently. Why do I always feel there is something better I can be doing during that time. That is until I get there, then I am loving the peace and the time with my LORD.

Sometimes I only give what I have left, not always 110%. After a full day with three VERY ENERGETIC kids, making dinner, bathing all three, putting all three to bed, cleaning up downstairs, going for a run, taking a bath and THEN I HAVE QUIET TIME. He is sometimes only getting what's left.... my new goal is to start the day with my LORD and give him all I have to give.

In terms of making my quota as a Christian, I am going to relate that to living according to HIS Word. This is and always will be my priority but also a work in progress. I am not perfect but as long as I can commit to stay in The Word then I know my SAVIOR will always be there!

And finally, as far as looking for ways to grow. I hope that I am seeking those opportunities out and recognizing what the LORD is putting in front of me to do. I know sometimes I need to hear the message MANY TIMES but my constant prayer is to be a light for Christ in the world.
LEAVE A COMMENT WITH YOUR THOUGHTS...

Well, its time to go be Mommy for a while. My kids are running around the office chasing one another with markers. Not a great way to start the day but with my LORD I will prevail!

Love to all!
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment