Tuesday, July 6, 2010

No Other God - Week One

Wow! I love starting a new bible study and hearing The Lord speak to me all through my daily time. This week's study is an introduction into Functional Idols! Anyone remember what that means? Let me help you...

Page 15 defines the following - A professed god is who or what we say our god is; a functional god is who or what actually operates as our god.

Anyone thinking what I am thinking? There are so many things that I could define in these terms - everything from fashion, food, freedom, etc. It took me a second to realize how many 'things' in my life are functioning in this way. How many 'things' in my life I am putting before the LORD. After all, the LORD is my Savior and my Redeemer, so why am I letting these 'things' get in his way in my life?

One of the versus we are studying is out of Exodus 20:1-6. It make my heart ache to hear that he describes himself as a JEALOUS god. He shouldn't have to be JEALOUS, he should be FIRST in my life. Anyone thinking along the same lines?

Anyhow - I hope you are all prepared for this awesome journey. I love starting a new study with you girls and I look forward to our time together! See you all tomorrow for some great discussion!

Love to all!
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment